I'm fat, so blow me asshole! I bike hard and long, all fat people are lazy? Not! I'm a triathlete and bust my ass 12-14 hours a week training and yes, I eat right. We don't need your arrogant, ignorant ass posting shit like that.
Pretty sure, Duane,
that you lumped yourself in the category you are upset with.
A Colorado woman took matters into her own hands when her bike was stolen from outside of a Boulder sports bar. She tracked down her stolen bike on Craigslist, pretended to be aninterested buyer and stole back her own bike.
When she left the bar to head home, she discovered that her black Trek 1.2 road bike was missing. After filing a police report, she and her roommate began searching Craigslist to see if the thief was trying to sell the bike.
Sure enough, Lucas found a posting with a photo of her bike. She immediately recognized her bike’s red handle-bar tape and her water bottle holder.
Lucas responded to the Craigslist ad, pretending to be an interested buyer. Minutes later, a person using the name “Lance Robinson” responded with his phone number and instructed her to text him so he could send her his address.
On Sunday, Lucas went to the man’s apartment complex and asked if she could test ride the bike.
“I started riding it and knew it was my bike, so I just kept riding it,” Lucas told KMGH. “I rode it to my car and then threw it it in my car and then drove away.”
Lucas said she had not been planning on getting the bike back that way, but took advantage of an opportunity and made a spur-of-the-moment decision.
“They were a lot bigger than I thought they were,” Lucas said. “I thought it’d be like a little person that stole bikes and I’d be like, ‘Hey, I called the police and that’s my bike and you’re trying to sell it to me,’ but I just took it for a ride and went with it.”
After she had recovered her bike, Lucas called the police and gave them the thief’s address. “Lance Robinson” turned out to be 18-year-old Denzel O’Neal Crawford, who did not have a prior police record.
Crawford was arrested, confessed to stealing the bike and was released on bond. Police also told Lucas that, though her recovery mission was successful, it was not a tactic they recommend, according to KMGH.
“They told me for future reference that I probably would not want to do that by myself,” Lucas said.
Jamie S. sent me a list of things he loves every day.
I made a hate ( HE REALLY MEANS LOVE!) list today when I woke.
Top 10 things I hate about bike shop customers and the dumb shit they ask the wrench.(I know I shouldn't bit the hand that feeds me, but anyway)
10. Why don't they make any bikes in the U.S.A. anymore. " cause you're too cheap to buy them"
9. When I'm told by a fat lazy guy that he is a road cyclist. "he was sponsored in college"
8. When people think a $60 tune up will fix a worn out bike. " how hard can it be to fix bikes..." 7. Stop thinking you are a mechanic and fucking with your derailure limit screws, and saying you didn't. "they only turned them a little"
6. Explaining that "Schwinn bike" is a crap bike now. "except the ones that were always crap"
5. "Why is my tube flat? You just changed it the other day." Welcome to the desert dumb ass. " but they used a screwdriver to put it back on"
4. "It can't be that hard to tune a bicycle, is it?" And any idiot can do your job too.
3. "Couldn't I just use some WD-40 on my drive train?" " shit you can, and then I'll charge you the idiot fee as well"
2. "I need a new wheel this on keeps going flat." sir you mean a new tube and tire. " fucking sell them a wheel, stupid should hurt -- the wallet."
1. "I'm doing a sprint triathlon next weekend could you put some slick tires, this sweet bento box, and some carbon fiber aero bars on my mountain bike?" " Yes, and get them the propeller style aero water bottle mounts for their full suspension rig as well"